Everyone wants an external door that looks fantastic, offers reliable security protection and insulates their home from the wind, rain and cold. There are many options you need to consider to ensure you select the door that’s right for you.
Customer Care and Maintenance Instructions for GRP Composite Doors
In line with new developments from our material suppliers, we have recently received new guidelines for treating GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) Doors which is as follows:
To extend the life of and maintain the door surface finish, it is recommended that the GRP composite door is cleaned regularly as per the following instructions. This should be completed at least once per month, but will depend upon the doors location and exposure to contaminants such as dirt and salt etc.
- It is recommended that the door is cleaned with specially formulated door wipes which are available from Force8. Alternatively, the door surface can be washed with warm soapy water (washing liquid is suitable) and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
- When the door is closed always ensure top and bottom locking points are engaged to assist in the reduction of thermal movement.
- To sustain the gloss finish, apply 2 to 3 coats of Konig Maintenance Lacquer every 6 to 12 months, which is available on request from Force8
- Use aggressive cleaning methods, abrasive cleaners or scouring pads on the surface of the door.
- Use high pressure steam cleaners
- Use any type of bleach, solvent (eg white spirits, methylated spirit, celluose thinners or acetone/nail varnish remover).
- Use of adhesives of any type or tack for providing temporary protection.
- Use of adhesives of any type or tack the temporary fixing of seasonal or other decoration etc.
- Use excessive length key chains, please try and avoid contact with these and any other sharp objects you may be carrying.
A repair system is available to deal with accidental damage such as dents or scratches. For details contact Force8
Please note; it is recommended that installations pass this information on to their customers. This is to ensure that they do not invalidate the warranty by the use of abrasive cleaners, prohibited chemicals or temporary adhesives on the surface of the door.